Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ok FYI - last night I joined a new dieting thingie that gives you pre-made meals - I was told repeatedly - "the food is so good" so we shall see...9:30am – microwave my sunshine sandwich and submerge my ranchero sauce that comes with it in hot water to thaw. Am forced to speak with co-worker about the start of my diet and how this is the first meal that I am having on it and how I do not know how the food is – then forced to endure annoying jokes along with other assorted inane office banter… sunshine sandwich is ok – basically egg and turkey bacon on an English muffin… I can do without the ranchero sauce though.

11:15 – am a little hungry so I eat my peanut butter anytime bar… it is not big… after my first bite I am ok with this not being big… maybe I will try the other flavor next week – it is edible. I also eat an orange – it smelled good… my cube neighbors smell my healthiness.

1:00 – I smell food… it smells good… damn these people!

1:15 – oh look someone was kind enough to bring in pizza for people – yay – can I eat 7 pieces?!?! Ok, composure – I am strong and this is only the first day.. cannot cave yet

1:30 – “COOKIES!!” I hear someone yell… they all go after the platter – they are the yummy kind, they even have the yummy blondies that I like (can I die?!) repeat – nothing tastes as good as thin feels, nothing tastes as good as thin feels, nothing tastes as good AS THOSE COOOOOOOKIES!! Heheh I am ok…

1:45 - “SANDWICHES IN THE KITCHEN!!” Is this my lucky day? This might be time to eat my salad and warm up my stuffed chicken sandwich… I run into the same co-worker in the kitchen who again ahs to comment – on the plus side he said that he thinks I look great – thanks dude…. Sooo I am savoring the bready weird hot pocket thing and eating my salad…why is this dressing full of high fructose corn syrup? Oh well. Since salad is a “free food” meaning I can eat all of the non starchy vegetables that I want I am going for salad seconds… ehh too lazy

3:00 – plenty of cookies have been left – I could easily scarf 3 of them… why am I such a pig? I will probably have my apply in the afternoon... wooo


3:27 – eating an apple – pretending it is a cookie… the apple is good though I can’t complain. I need to buy more fruit and veggies I think – will do this after work.. yeah healthy girl!! and I am not referring to my affectionate name for my drink of choice (stoli, seltzer and lime juice)…

By the way I am perfectly ok that this will probably all be sabotaged in a week when I go to bf’s mom’s house for Xmas… she is like super-mom and cooks every meal, even snacks! You aren’t allowed to bring your dishes to the sink or help clean up… what?! My mom is great and stuff… but for instance hot breakfast every morning for guests would not be an option – bagels anyone?

4:00 – I want something to eat… or something. Actually this is the first downtime that I have had at work in the past couple of weeks… working a lot makes you forget about eating. Now that I am just cruising myspace and facebook something chocolate or – I KNOW a chocolate covered pretzel or peanut m&ms or something would be nice J

Ok – I’ll be ok - only 55 minutes to go! And then I go home and get
4:23 – I am hungry… wah!

4:30 – drinking more water… am trying to ignore it… I am trying to decide if I will have it in me to run on the treadmill if I go to the supermarket to get fruit first… yeah – need to work out immediately upon getting home and to the gym… fruit can wait.

4:53 – there is a god… almost time to get out of the cube!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger honeykbee said...

man, that's rough. Entirely too many office tempties. My struggle starts when I leave the cube -- I'd be 700lbs easily if I had to endure that onslaught of cookies and sandwiches and foodsmells all day. Stand tall, stand proud. You're doing great!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home